Friday, February 28, 2014

No Sleep for You



I have realized that going to bed early is a foreign concept now. Catherine and I have gotten no more than 6 hours of sleep each night for the past week. We aren’t sure how this happens, but it does. Last night, Catherine and I made a deal to go to bed by midnight. Instead, we went to Cassino for a pre-Carnaval celebration and were out past 2am. We might have looked a little like tourists taking pictures of the town, but the lights and decorations were quite unique.

Decorations for Carnaval!

The King Chicken!!

I also saw my first penguin!!!!
See? There are penguins near the beach in Brazil!

Since it was the first time we had been to Cassino, we made our way to the beach (even though it was already dark out). The beach in Cassino is the longest beach in Brazil. And at night, you can see the star shining brightly and just enjoy the sound of the ocean hitting the shore. I could have stayed there all night. (But a bonfire would have been nice.) However, the time at the beach was cut short by a phone call to meet another friend downtown: the Carnaval festivities had begun.

We also found out it is legal to walk down the street with open alcohol containers. There was even a store selling beers through a metal gate.

Once we got home, Catherine reminded me of the deal me made. Once again we failed!

No comments:

Post a Comment